Notice of Privacy Practices
The privacy of your medical/dental information is important to us. We understand that your medical/dental information is personal and we are committed to protecting it. We create a record of the care and services you receive at our organization because we need accurate information in order to provide you with quality medical/dental care and to comply with certain legal requirements.
This is a general summary notice of our privacy practices and briefly describes how the medical/dental information we keep on patients is used and disclosed and how patients can get access to their medical/dental information. Please review it carefully.
The law requires that we do the following:
- Keep your medical/dental information private.
- Provide or post a copy of the full notice describing our legal duties, privacy practices, and your rights regarding your medical/dental information.
- Follow the terms of the current notice.
We have the right to:
- Change our privacy practices and the terms of this notice at any time, provided the changes are permitted by law.
- Make the changes in our privacy practices and the new terms of our notice effective for all medical/dental information that we keep, including information previously created or received before the changes.
Notice of change to Privacy Practices:
- Before we make an important change in our privacy practices, we will change this notice and make the new notice available upon request.
Your individual rights:
- View or get copies of certain parts of your medical/dental information. You must make your request in writing (there may be a service charge for copies of medical/dental records, please allow at least 5-7 business days for copies to be prepared.)
- Receive a list of all times we or our business associates shared your medical/dental information for purposes other than treatment, payment, and health care operations and other specified exceptions.
- Request that we place additional restrictions on our use or disclosure of your medical/dental information. We are not required to agree to these additional restrictions, but if we do, we will abide by our agreement.
- Request that we change certain parts of your medical/dental information. We may deny your request if we did not create the information you want changed. If we accept your request to change the information, we will make reasonable efforts to tell others, including people you name, of the change and to include the changes in any future sharing of that information.
- You have the right to obtain a paper copy of this policy by making a request in writing to us.
To download a PDF copy of this policy the PDF icon below.